Spread over eleven acres of sprawling lawns, orchards and open courtyards, in the midst of sand dunes, WelcomHotel Khimsar is unspoilt and well preserved like a royal manor. Established in the 15th century by a scion of the house of Jodhpur, its history is reflected in the architecture of its fortified castle. The construction of the fort began in 1523 by Rao Karamsji - the 8th son of the founder of Jodhpur Rao Jodha, who chose the spot of Khimsar, 90 km from Jodhpur to build this magnificent fort.
Twenty one generations later, a part of this fort is still residence to the Karamsot Rathor of direct lineage, while the rest has been opened out to provide royal Rajput hospitality, personally overseen by the family. The fort has been awarded the ‘Grand Heritage Award for Excellence’ by the Ministry of Tourism, Government of India.